[Spedas-list] SPEDAS and TDAS sessions at GEM conference, Wednesday, June 17

Jim Lewis jwl at ssl.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 10 18:08:08 CDT 2015

Hi folks,

For those of you who will be attending the GEM conference in Snowmass, CO
next week, we'd like to let you know about a couple of sessions we'll be
holding Wednesday afternoon.  The early session will focus more on
plugin capabilities,  multi-mission support, and upcoming development
plans for the SPEDAS platform.   This will be followed by a TDAS user
tutorial,
where we'll demonstrate some of the more advanced features and
recent developments, using typical THEMIS data and workflows.

We usually get a few interesting feature requests and bug reports at these
sessions, so if you have any suggestions or questions about how the
software works, we'd love to hear about it!

SPEDAS 1.00 (the Space Environment Data Analysis Software),  supporting
ground based observatories, including THEMIS, BARREL, POES/GOES, MAVEN,
VAP, MMS, SuperDARN, and all ISTP-compatible data at SPDF, was recently
released (http://spedas.org ).  The development team invites
contributors/users to participate in a users’ forum and will be holding
a demo and tutorial session for current and prospective SPEDAS users at
the GEM meeting (Wed. Jun.17 @ 1:30pm in the plenary session).
Contributions include the ERG team’s ERGWeb software, tools for
distribution function cuts, and many other updates since Fall AGU.
Developers are encouraged to participate. Demonstrations of how to
include a SPEDAS plugin for instrument/mission teams will be discussed.
Requests for new features will be vetted and will be considered for
development/inclusion with the next release.

TDAS, the THEMIS Data Analysis System is a plug-in to SPEDAS. A tutorial
session will be held at the same room following the SPEDAS users’ forum
(Wed. Jun 17 @ 3:30pm). It will be geared towards new and on-going users
of TDAS (though relevant to SPEDAS users too), interested in analysis of
other mission data (as listed above). Bring your laptop and if connected
follow along with importing/analysis of data from any of the above
missions within minutes.

Cheers,

-- Jim Lewis