[Spedas-list] SPEDAS/MMS Plug-ins webinar: October 26

Jim Lewis jwl at ssl.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:00:36 CDT 2016

Dear SPEDAS users,

The SPEDAS development team would like to invite you to participate in a
Webex presentation we'll be holding later this month.

On Wednesday, October 26 at 10am Pacific, we'll be hosting a session
focusing on using SPEDAS to analyze MMS data, with an emphasis on tools
to work with data from the Energetic Ion Spectrometer (EIS) and Fly's
Eye Energetic Particle Sensor (FEEPS) instruments. For more information
on the MMS plug-in in SPEDAS, please see:
http://spedas.org/wiki/index.php?title=MMS

If there are any particular questions or topics of general interest that
you'd like to see covered, please send your suggestions to Eric Grimes,
egrimes at igpp.ucla.edu, and we'll try to work them in.

See below for the agenda and Webex connection info.

Eric Grimes, Jim Lewis, Vassilis Angelopoulos and the SPEDAS team

MMS Plug-ins Session:  Analyzing MMS data with SPEDAS

Time: October 26, 10am-12pm Pacific Daylight Time
Meeting name = MMS Plug-ins webinar
Password = R3c0nnect!
Phone to use: 1-888-921-8686
Conference ID/pass = 3107947090 and press # International callers dial:
001-678-259-1049

Tentative agenda:

1) Introduction to standard routines and keywords
3) Calculating EIS pitch angle distributions
4) Generating EIS angle-angle (polar versus azimuthal) plots
6) Calculating FEEPS pitch angle distributions