This page describes cribs for the Tsyganenko model IDL_GEOPACK plugin for SPEDAS. See crib sheets for an index of all our crib sheet pages. These cribs are located in external/IDL_GEOPACK/examples/
IDL Geopack DLM: To use the Tsyganenko Model extensions to SPEDAS, you need to download (http://ampere.jhuapl.edu/code/idl_geopack_92.zip) and install the interface between Tsyganenko's Fortran code and IDL. This interface was developed and provided for THEMIS as a courtesy by Dr. Haje Korth of JHU APL (http://ampere.jhuapl.edu/code/idl_geopack.html). Installation instructions can be found here: http://themis.ssl.berkeley.edu/README.txt
- crib_calculate_lshell.pro -- How to use the calculate_lshell routine to determine lshell for arbitrary positions in space
- crib_tt01.pro -- How to use the tt01 routine to generate model fields using the t01 model.
- crib_tt04s.pro -- How to use the tt04s routine to generate model fields using the t04s model.
- crib_tt89.pro -- How to use the tt89 routine to generate model fields using the t89 model.
- crib_tt96.pro -- How to use the tt96 routine to generate model fields using the t96 model.
- crib_ttrace.pro -- How to use the ttrace routine to perform field line traces using the various Tsyganenko models.